Through its multidisciplinary working group, the VerginiSanità Association has launched an intense programme of study and research, with the aim of enhancing and restoring public visibility to these precious findings, incorporated in the complex cultural heritage of the Vergini-Sanità area.
The group, supported by the trust of the Arciconfraternita dei Pellegrini and in collaboration with other local associations, is working on a management programme divided into successive phases. The overall technical-economic feasibility project calls for the involvement of specialists from the scientific world, the University and the Professional Order of Architects and Engineers, under the close supervision of the relevant Superintendency.
The project proposal has the following main objectives:
- to support and ensure the continuation of research, surveys and diagnostic investigation, aimed at initiating works of protection and preservation of architectural and archaeological heritage
- to develop the site through an integrated programme of restoration and consolidation activities, identification of uses, construction of lighting systems and hygrothermal control, following the criteria of “minimum intervention” and with special attention to safety aspects
- to make the site accessible and usable to a wider public, fostering understanding of historical events of the site and the ancient landscape, making use of modern multimedia technologies
- to distinguish cultural offerings and services by providing for further spaces for the creation of reception and information points, exhibition spaces, a refreshment area, areas for workshops and for site administration
- to pursue innovative strategies for economic and social development, through the promotion of mindful tourism, bearer of cultural growth and benefits for the local population and the city.
The project, coordinated with a series of activities of promotion and development, will be supported by a communication plan and a study for the economic and financial sustainability of the work.